10 of the World’s Most Expensive Things 2012
Since the popularity of this post on the most expensive things in the world I decided to follow this up with a show I love to watch called Million Dollar Rooms.
The show is on HGTV and goes into the most over the top indoor or outdoor rooms in the country.
They call them “million dollar rooms”, but some are way in excess of this.
Be sure to check out “10 HGTV Million Dollar Rooms” after reading through this post.
Most Expensive Car
The most expensive car in the world is currently the Bugatti Veyron Supersport. This Bugatti is made in France and boasts a 16 cylinder – 1,200 horsepower engine.
The Bugatti hits a blistering 0-60 mph in 2.6 seconds.
Top Speed: 268 mph
Price Tag: $2,600,000
All images via Gizmag
Most Expensive Watch
The most expensive watch in the world is the 201 carat Chopard.
Having a spring-loaded mechanism which, when pressed, allows the three heart shapes to mechanically open up, much the way the petals of a flower will in the sunshine.
Like a fine piece of art, but totally ridiculous in my opinion.
Price Tag: $25,000,000
The Chopard timepiece is encased is precious gems to include the following:
- 1 heart-shaped diamond, natural Fancy Pink, Internally Flawess, 15.37 carats.
- 1 heart-shaped diamond, natural Fancy Blue, VS2, 12.79 carats.
- 1 heart-shaped diamond, D color, Flawless, 11.36 carats.
- 3 pear-shaped diamonds, natural Fancy Intense Yellow, 8.45 carats total.
- 26 pear-shaped diamonds, natural Fancy Intense Yellow, 17.07 carats total.
- 48 round diamonds, natural Fancy Yellow, 8.81 carats total.
- 260 pear-shaped diamonds, all D color, Flawless, 60.94 carats total.
- 91 round diamonds, D color, Flawless, 10.29 carats total.
- 443 FC diamonds, natural Fancy Intense Yellow, 4.95 carats total.
Most Expensive Colleges
There are many expensive colleges in the world, but Columbia University in NYC hits the tops.
Most Expensive House
The most expensive house in the world is owned by Billionaire Mukesh Ambani of India.
With a net worth of $43 billion why not build a skyscraper for your wife and 3 kids to live in.
This 27 story (family home) skyscraper is located in downtown Mumbai India.
Why not, right?
Price Tag: $2,000,000,000
- 550 Feet High
- 400,000 sqft
- No two floors are alike in either plans or materials used
- 6 story parking lot
- 9 elevators
- Several storage rooms and lounges
- Indoor/outdoor bar
- Green rooms
- Powder rooms
- Entourage room for security guards and assistants to relax
- 4 story open garden
- 85% of material and labor used are from India
There is much more to learn about this home on Forbes.com.
Most Expensive Shoes
The most expensive shoes in the world are the Harry Winston Ruby Slippers.
Price Tag: $3,000,000
As a celebration of the 50th anniversary of, “The Wizard of Oz”, Harry Winston’s son Ronald Winston wanted to do something special.
Home to 4,600 rubies totaling 1,350 carats, as well as 50 carats of diamonds.
Most Expensive Dog
The world’s most expensive dog is a Red Tibetan Mastiff called ‘Big Splash’.
Price Tag: $1,500,000
Thought to be one of the world’s oldest and most venerable breeds.
Rumored owners to include Genghis Khan and the Buddha.
Size: 3ft tall and weighing 180lbs, as of 11 months old.
Most Expensive Wine
The most expensive wine in the world is a bottle of Chateau Lafite 1787.
Price Tag: $160,000
Sold at this price at Christie’s London in 1985.
The bottle bears Thomas Jefferson’s initials etched on the glass.
Most Expensive Guitar
The most expensive guitar in the world is a signed Reach Out to Asia Fender Stratocaster.
Price Tag: $2,800,000
Purchased in Qatar in 2005 at auction.
The singer Bryan Adams wanted the sell of the guitar to support the 2004 tsunami relief.
Signed by: Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, Paul McCartney, Sting, Liam Gallagher, Jeff beck, Def Leppard, and Angus & Malcolm Young.
Originally auctioned for 1 million dollars, then later resold for 2.7 million to support another charity.
So the actual total value is $3.7 million.
Most Expensive Yacht
The world’s most expensive private yacht is the Eclipse.
Price Tag: $590,000,000
Owned by Chelsea boss and Roman Abramovich.
Equipped with early-warning missile detection.
Built in 2010 and is just over 538ft long.
The Eclipse can accommodate up to 30 guests in 15 cabins and also cater for a staggering 75 crew members.
Can be privately charted for a mere $2 million per week, plus expenses (notably $650,000 for a single fuel fill-up).
Most Expensive Cell Phone
The world’s most expensive cell phone is (of course) an iPhone.
The Diamond Covered iPhone 4S hits the tops for the priciest cell phone in the world to date.
Price Tag: $9,400,000
Created by Stuart Hughes.
- Apple logo is covered with 53 individual diamonds
- Only 2 made
- Has a 24ct gold back plate
- Diamond encrusted home button
- Side bezel filled with over 500 flawless diamonds totaling over 100ct
- Has custom box made of solid Platinum
- Box is covered in diamonds and rare gems including: Opal, Pietersite, Charoite, Rutile Quartz and Star Sunstone.
- The box is also finished with polished pieces of bone from a Tyrannosaurus Rex
So these are some of the most expensive things in the world, but while writing this I found some crazy creations out there.
Just do a Google search for “most expensive things in the world” and you will be mesmerized for hours.
I hope you enjoyed viewing these items. Please let me know what you think below.
- World’s Most Expensive Jewelry
- Blue Diamond Sets Record Price
- Diamond Stiletto
- Most Expensive Cars In The World: Top 10 List 2011-2012
- World’s most expensive dessert